Friday, June 26, 2009

Memorial Day 2009 part 1.

For Memorial Day Weekend, I went to Marblehead, Ohio. It is a small little town on a peninsula, in northern Ohio. The waters that surround it, is Lake Erie.


I had never been there before, and was not sure about the location of the Hotel. Then I got there and was blown away.
For around $115 bucks a night, I was one block away from the lake, and right across the street from 3 restaurants. The food, wasn’t that spectacular, but Lake Erie, and all of the attractions made up for it.

The first night, Travis and I went to the lake, and stood on the dock. The sun was starting to set, and the view was simply breathtaking.


There was a forest fire in Michigan that weekend, so it made the sunset all the more beautiful.


The hotel kind of looked like an institution. The walls were cement, but that was fine. It just meant that we couldn’t hear people in the other rooms. So it felt like we were the only ones there. ☺

The TV was interesting. There was on channel that was all French language. For someone from Colorado, this was new. In Colorado we have Spanish language stations.
Of course Ohio is across the lake from Canada, so the French makes sense.

The next morning, I woke up early, and walked out to the dock, and took some pictures of the sunrise. It was a cloudy morning, but it still looked nice.


That day, we headed to Mystery Hill. Mystery Hill is a quirky little place, with Mini-golf and many dinosaur sculptures in the forest.


Can you see how amazed we are ;)


Then there is the Mystery Spot. It is a place where the gravity is just not right. You literally tilt diagonally. Remember those V-8 commercials? It’s like that.


It is pretty fascinating, because the water runs UP HILL, here is a video of Travis, demonstrating with a tennis ball.


I thought it was really cool. I must warn you, it might make you feel sick. Like you just got off of the most brutal ride at 6 flags. I felt a little queasy, and in the video you can hear my heavy breathing. I was trying not to dry heave, or puke at that point.

I will post pictures of the island we went to, and the forest we stopped at on the way home, at a later date.

2 comments:

  1. holy shit. that is the coolest place I have ever seen. Is tha for real??? pics are beautiful btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maggie- Yeah Mystery Hill is real. There are other places in America that have screwed up gravity. I know of one in South Dakota, and 2 in California.

    ReplyDelete